- Fleur Drive Construction: It was announced this Spring that there will be lane closures along Fleur Drive during the Iowa Annual Conference 2019. During construction, one northbound and one southbound lane of Fleur Drive will remain open. Please allow for extra time if you are traveling from the South to Hy-Vee Hall or use alternate routes.
Check back often for updates.
Camping – Day Care
Families who intend to send their kids to AC day camp will now register through the Camps Office. You will find all the information you need on their webpage: www.iaumc.org/camps. You can register online through the link on the top of the page or find a downloadable catalog and registration form below the catalog cover. For more information please contact Shannon Bardole-Foley. Her information is below.
- Application to Serve as a Diakonos at the Iowa United Methodist Annual Conference – Download
Hy-Vee Hall in Des Moines, Iowa – June 7-11, 2019Your application, letter of reference, health form and housing deposit check must be mailed and postmarked by Monday April 23, 2019. After the 4th of May, I will let you know if you have been selected to serve as a Diakonos. All Diakonos will need to arrive at Hy-Vee Hall for check in at noon on Friday, June 7, 2019. Annual Conference will run Saturday, June 8, through Tuesday, June 11, 2019.
- Please mail the packet—DO NOT e-mail me the forms. I need originals with signatures. The only thing to be e-mail is your essay! I look forward to receiving your application packet.
- Pastor Steve Braudt
P.O. Box 57
Wilton, IA 52778
Each charge receives one lay member to Annual Conference. A charge served by more than one clergyperson is assigned an additional lay member for each additional appointed clergy. However, additional persons appointed to a charge who are from another annual conference, another denomination, are supervised and/or certified laypersons, or who are Temporary Pulpit Supply are not considered clergy for purposes of equalization and will not be in the total clergy count for that charge.
Please see the Lay Leadership list for laypersons who are in specified conference leadership positions. These persons are automatically equalization members and should not be elected to represent their local charge or their district.
Each district is assigned 15 at large members for the 2019 Annual Conference Session.
In addition, each district is also assigned
two young adult members (age 18 – 30)
and two youth members (high school age.)
Charges receiving equalization members are in boldface font on the list.
If you have questions, please contact the conference secretary, Nitza Dovenspike, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fill the Truck
Housing Information – Grand View University Dorms
Meal Break Events
- Meal Break Event Reservation Form (for leaders)
- Registration for Annual Conference is done through your District Office. If you did not receive your registration form in your email, please contact your District Office. Registrations are due by April 15!!
- You will need to stop at the registration desk at Annual Conference to receive your name badge.
Annual Conference Registration Desk Hours:
Friday, June 7, 2019: 5 pm – 7:30 pm
Saturday, June 8, 2019: 7:30 am – 11 am, 1 pm – 4 pm, 6 pm – 7:30 pm
Sunday, June 9, 2019: Noon – 4 pm
Monday, June 10, 2019: 9 am – Noon
Tuesday, June 11, 2019: Closed
Retirees, Retiree Spouses and Surviving Spouses Luncheon
Sunday, June 9, 2019, 11 AM
Vet’s Auditorium, Level 3, Room # TBD
Contact: Linda Remster (email@example.com)
Registration form must be received no later than Friday, May 17, 2019
$15 per person
- Teaching Session Speakers: Eric Mulanda and Rob Cook from Mt. Hope UMC – Room 318 & 319
- Mental Health Coalition Building – Room 301
- Mental Health Task Force: Rev. Paul Daniel and Rev. Lee Schott -Room 302
- The Gift of Conflict: Rev. Dr. Jaye Johnson and Rev. Dave Crow -Room 303
- New Communities of Faith: Rev. William Poland – Room 304
- Freeing the Spirit In Your Community: Matthew 25 – Room 305
- Dr. Tim Swinton – Room 306
- Benefit Basics: Navigating Your Benefit Options: Joni Mardesen – Room 320